Show all

Clifton Gardens Reserve

Clifton Gardens Reserve
Clifton Gardens Reserve

Clifton Gardens was developed as a picnic spot in the late 1800s, with a local hotelier building a wharf and dance pavilion. In 1909, Sydney Ferries Ltd purchased the estate, and further developed the area, including a large swimming enclosure. The structure burned down in 1956. Today, Clifton Gardens is touted as 'remnant bushland', offering birdwatching, a netted swimming enclosure, change rooms, a fenced playground, and of course, spectacular views over Chowder Bay. A short bush track leads through to Rawson Oval.
+
-
Clifton Gardens was developed as a picnic spot in the late 1800s, with a local hotelier building a wharf and dance pavilion. In 1909, Sydney Ferries Ltd purchased the estate, and further developed the area, including a large swimming enclosure. The structure burned down in 1956. Today, Clifton Gardens is touted as 'remnant bushland', offering birdwatching, a netted swimming enclosure, change rooms, a fenced playground, and of course, spectacular views over Chowder Bay. A short bush track leads through to Rawson Oval.