Green Cape Telegraph Station was established in 1882. The station acted as a relay station, re-sending ship-to-shore messages from boats passing by. Ships, and communication staff on Green Cape, would use semaphore flags to communicate a message. When required, the messages could also be relayed using Morse code. The telegraph station is a white concrete building with a tin roof. The building has a blue painted base and is less than 100m north of Green Cape Lighthouse in Ben Boyd National Park.