Tops to Myall Heritage Trail

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Re: Tops to Myall Heritage Trail

Postby Mullaitivu_83 » Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:23 am

Hi,
Does anyone have recent information about campsites along this trail. I have read the Pacy booklet so I would be interested in the current state of the campsites suggested there.
Mullaitivu_83
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Postby Outdoor therapy » Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:18 pm

Mullaitivu_83 wrote:Hi,
Does anyone have recent information about campsites along this trail. I have read the Pacy booklet so I would be interested in the current state of the campsites suggested there.

I have recently stayed at the first 2 campsites, (Wombat Creek Campground and Munro Hut). These are well maintained as they are part of Barrington National Park. Once you get on to night 3 and onwards you are out of the National Park and into state forestry area. I don’t know about the state of these campsites but I’m guessing they aren’t maintained very well. Me and my mate are looking at completing this whole track hopefully one day soon. So I would be interested to know if anyone has any recent info on the campsites too. I will be down in Barrington Tops next weekend so I might check out a couple of campsites if I have the time.
Outdoor therapy
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby Mullaitivu_83 » Mon 17 Aug, 2020 9:52 pm

Hi,
I have since found a reference on a 4WD site to a possible campsite at a ford on the Karuah River. I have not visited the campsite. Its location is 56H LK 82991 42590.

I’ll keep you posted as to further information.
Mullaitivu_83
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Midcoast » Fri 30 Oct, 2020 8:13 pm

Hi all,
I've posted before and have been keeping a keen eye on the interest in Tops to Myall walk, and those that have been doing it piece by piece.
I too want to see it back,
I've started a local Fcbk group called 'Great Lakes Adventures'.
I'd welcome anyone to join, and
As a way to kick off an organised walk/reccie of this heritage trail, is my plan to combine it with Oxfam 100km challenge, raises money to boot.
I was thinking 4x weeks of a one day 20km walk.
I'd like any input from those that have done sections (I have walked the bottom sections and 4x4 from Buladelah and up from Gloucester, till I took wrong turn)
Check out and send msgs to Great Lakes Adventures FB page
Thanks in advance.
Midcoast
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Midcoast Adventures, Pacific Palms SUP

Previous

Return to New South Wales & ACT