SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Forum rules
The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby north-north-west » Sun 12 Apr, 2020 6:48 pm

ribuck wrote:
north-north-west wrote:. . . even going ultralight wouldn't make it much easier on the aging bones.

Give ultralight a try, NNW! Although I do acknowledge that it's a lot harder for a proper photographer to go ultralight :)


The Catalyst is under 1kg. The 2nd Arrow under 2kg. The sleeping bag . . . maybe 1.4. xTherm under .5. The SD down jacket is under 400g . . . the main weight is waterproofs - and in Tassie I am not compromising there - and food. And the camera gear, true. Just lashed out on a CF tripod which weighs in at around 1kg. But a dSLR, a couple of lenses, tripod, remote, batteries, cards . . . still, it's worth it. And all the post-processing gives me plenty to do* when I'm not walking.

(*admittedly, that means plenty to avoid doing when not walking)

To go back to the original question, the obvious answer is "anywhere that isn't here".
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
User avatar
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii
 
Posts: 13717
Joined: Thu 14 May, 2009 7:36 pm
Location: The Asylum
ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby Neo » Mon 13 Apr, 2020 2:11 pm

I'm plumping up nicely, had trimmed down from a flat out late summer.
Pre-winter bod!
Neo
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1667
Joined: Wed 31 Aug, 2016 4:53 pm
Location: Port Macquarie NSW
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby GBW » Thu 16 Apr, 2020 10:00 am

My right bicep is getting a good workout! After a successful ride to Bairnsdale over Christmas I'm hoping to tackle the BNT on bike from Healesville to...as far as I can get!
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe"
User avatar
GBW
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Fri 02 May, 2014 9:03 am
Location: Melbourne
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby kicyclist » Sun 19 Apr, 2020 11:25 am

Coorong National Park.
I had planned to cycle there from Adelaide last month but like most others here had to cancel as it is not necessary travel.
The bushwalks are flat and the ocean of 90 Mile beach is the relaxing sound.
Probably have to go in winter so testing out my tent and ww gear.
kicyclist
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2016 10:58 am
Region: South Australia
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby GregG » Sun 19 Apr, 2020 1:21 pm

Mmmmmmm, flat bushwalks, dats' nice!
GregG
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat 09 Nov, 2019 6:44 pm
ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Old bushie
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby Ms_Mudd » Sun 19 Apr, 2020 1:26 pm

GBW wrote: After a successful ride to Bairnsdale over Christmas I'm hoping to tackle the BNT on bike from Healesville to...as far as I can get!

That is such a hardcore section, well done to you! I look forward to hearing how it went for you. It looks pretty wild and uppy downy, utterly gorgeous country though. Have you done much bike packing? How have you set up your bike for gear? I ride my (hard tail) bike a fair bit -80km+ most weeks- but have only done one bike packing trip so far in late Feb this year, I enjoyed how much ground I could cover. My set up was not optimal though, would definitely invest in a roll bag for my handlebars if I were to do it again.

The BNT and I have a long history of well...nothing happening. I am so keen to do the BNT and laminated the map of the entire trail and hung it up some years ago, it is still staring at me, totally incomplete. I have wanted to do it since I first heard about it as a teenager in the early to mid 90's. Initially thought I would pack saddle, then two years ago I totally set myself up to do GB 10 in my horse and carriage as other than QLD that was the section that lent itself best to travelling by horse and cart. Then the drought happened. Plans has to get shelved as the trail closed at that time due to lack of feed and water for livestock.
I reconsidered the situation and planned to use my goats as pack animals and walk (I was thinking drought friendly animal) but although they are great to walk with, they give me the shizzits as they just want to be IN the tent with you and sook all night if they aren't. So I would rather carry my own supplies :lol: Interestingly enough, NPWS allows goats, anywhere else that they would allow a horse/alternative pack animal like donkeys etc.
I then planned to do a 3 week stint on it in September this year, walking or riding my bike, but my husband and I decided to go 'big' and I planned a solo walk in France instead, meeting him in Spain afterward- clearly canned now. When this COVID situation is under control, I am going to stop talking about doing the BNT and just flipping well start it. I figure I can just tick off sections as I go, it will get done eventually, who cares how long it takes me to do it all. I will never get it done if I don't ever start though and keep making excuses. This country of ours is amazing and I think there are places to see and interesting people to meet, I need to stop thinking I need to go farther afield and enjoy what is on offer right here.

If you get as far as the northern end of GB 9, shoot me a PM, it is only an hour and a half from me and would be happy to supply you with a cold beverage of your choice and be regaled with your tales from the trail.
User avatar
Ms_Mudd
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri 23 Mar, 2018 11:26 am
Location: NSW
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Female

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby Lamont » Mon 20 Apr, 2020 3:49 pm

First the Asian Hot Bread shop in Geelong and have a chat with the ladies, then buy two Banh Mi- roast pork with the crackling-extra chilli, coriander and pickled vegies.
Then head south to the The Pivotonian Picture Theatre for a picture, any picture, though probably avoid French ones- seem to be so pompous these days.
I am going to have Choc Tops brought to me every fifteen minutes and a beer every half hour.
User avatar
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sun 21 Feb, 2016 1:27 pm
Location: Upper Kumbukta West
ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://www.againstmalaria.com/
Region: Other Country

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby wallwombat » Mon 20 Apr, 2020 6:21 pm

ribuck wrote:
north-north-west wrote:. . . even going ultralight wouldn't make it much easier on the aging bones.

Give ultralight a try, NNW! Although I do acknowledge that it's a lot harder for a proper photographer to go ultralight :)


I think dragging photography gear into the bush is a great reason to go ultralight. It's the same with packrafting and climbing gear - if you are lugging extra gear into the bush, for some other activity, you really want the rest of your gear to be as light as possible.


As for what my plans are for when all this is over, I'd like to do the Mittagong to Katoomba walk via The Blue Breaks.

I've walked Mittagong to Katoomba three times, but not via The Blue Breaks and the last time I did it was 34 years ago. I'm very keen to do it again and do it solo.
User avatar
wallwombat
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat 02 Feb, 2008 9:41 pm
Region: New South Wales

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby GBW » Tue 21 Apr, 2020 9:45 am

Ms_Mudd wrote:
GBW wrote: After a successful ride to Bairnsdale over Christmas I'm hoping to tackle the BNT on bike from Healesville to...as far as I can get!

That is such a hardcore section, well done to you! I look forward to hearing how it went for you. It looks pretty wild and uppy downy, utterly gorgeous country though. Have you done much bike packing? How have you set up your bike for gear? I ride my (hard tail) bike a fair bit -80km+ most weeks- but have only done one bike packing trip so far in late Feb this year, I enjoyed how much ground I could cover. My set up was not optimal though, would definitely invest in a roll bag for my handlebars if I were to do it again.



Not a lot of bikepacking experience but the transition from bushwalking to riding wasn't difficult apart from extra tools/gear to keep the bike running. I'm currently doing about 200k+ per week. I did a 4 day ride from home (Bundoora) to Warburton then around the top of Baw Baw to Rawson and dirt roads to Bairnsdale along the railway line. It was just before the fires near Bruthen and temps were pretty warm, 40C when I rolled into Bairnsdale. You're right about the hills in the Vic section...Mt Terrible, Lazarini Spur and Butchers Country Spur look like torture. I also carried a ZPacks Nero which was great for the hike-a-bike sections up the steepest hills averaged 100k per day. If I can get to Canberra I'd be stoked but I'll see how things are holding up at Licola and Omeo first.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe"
User avatar
GBW
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Fri 02 May, 2014 9:03 am
Location: Melbourne
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby Baeng72 » Tue 21 Apr, 2020 10:15 am

GBW wrote:
Ms_Mudd wrote:
GBW wrote: After a successful ride to Bairnsdale over Christmas I'm hoping to tackle the BNT on bike from Healesville to...as far as I can get!

That is such a hardcore section, well done to you! I look forward to hearing how it went for you. It looks pretty wild and uppy downy, utterly gorgeous country though. Have you done much bike packing? How have you set up your bike for gear? I ride my (hard tail) bike a fair bit -80km+ most weeks- but have only done one bike packing trip so far in late Feb this year, I enjoyed how much ground I could cover. My set up was not optimal though, would definitely invest in a roll bag for my handlebars if I were to do it again.



Not a lot of bikepacking experience but the transition from bushwalking to riding wasn't difficult apart from extra tools/gear to keep the bike running. I'm currently doing about 200k+ per week. I did a 4 day ride from home (Bundoora) to Warburton then around the top of Baw Baw to Rawson and dirt roads to Bairnsdale along the railway line. It was just before the fires near Bruthen and temps were pretty warm, 40C when I rolled into Bairnsdale. You're right about the hills in the Vic section...Mt Terrible, Lazarini Spur and Butchers Country Spur look like torture. I also carried a ZPacks Nero which was great for the hike-a-bike sections up the steepest hills averaged 100k per day. If I can get to Canberra I'd be stoked but I'll see how things are holding up at Licola and Omeo first.

That's an impressive trip. Do you have a write-up of it anywhere GBW?
Baeng72
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed 07 Aug, 2019 2:29 pm
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby GBW » Tue 21 Apr, 2020 10:32 am

Baeng72 wrote:That's an impressive trip. Do you have a write-up of it anywhere GBW?


No write up Baeng72 just a few pics...
https://www.facebook.com/gerard.white.7 ... 765&type=3

Here's my route...
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... sp=sharing
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe"
User avatar
GBW
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Fri 02 May, 2014 9:03 am
Location: Melbourne
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby Baeng72 » Tue 21 Apr, 2020 11:26 am

GBW wrote:
Baeng72 wrote:That's an impressive trip. Do you have a write-up of it anywhere GBW?


No write up Baeng72 just a few pics...
https://www.facebook.com/gerard.white.7 ... 765&type=3

Here's my route...
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... sp=sharing

Thanks! I'm not on facebook, but the map route was what I was more interested in anyway.
I was wondering how you got out of the suburbs.
Along the Yarra is a nice ride (I used to live in Briar Hill and ride along the Plenty to the Junction at Banyule Flats, then along the Yarra to where Westerfolds hits the road).
I'm out near Mernda, so I think to get to Warburton I'd feel safer going out through Kangaroo Ground, Christmas Hills, Via HealesVille to Warburton.
Did you camp at Starlings Gap? I've camped there a few times.

Very impressive journey!
Baeng72
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed 07 Aug, 2019 2:29 pm
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby Heremeahappy1 » Tue 21 Apr, 2020 12:54 pm

I've taken this question based on value and belief direction and position, rather than geographical location. I'll never whinge about the weather again. All walk/hike/camps are important. Bushwalk often over bushwalk epic. Bushwalking grounds me and does not elevate me above others. My consumer behaviour to support Australian manufacturing.
Heremeahappy1
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue 21 Nov, 2017 6:26 am
Location: Gippsland
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby stry » Sun 26 Apr, 2020 9:00 am

north-north-west wrote:
Just lashed out on a CF tripod which weighs in at around 1kg.



Would you please provide details of the tripod NNW ?

A light, stable tripod is one of my unfulfilled quests, and it seems that stability, not portability, is the designers' main aim (understandable) which leads to even CF offerings weighing upward of 2kg.
stry
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon 10 Jun, 2013 6:28 pm
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby north-north-west » Sun 26 Apr, 2020 9:29 am

Siruii A-1205, Y series ballhead, although I'll probably fit one of my Manfrotto ballheads to avoid having to keep swapping quick release plates.

I was lucky that Siirui Aust were having a sale when the stimulus payment hit my bank account, and this one was even cheaper as it's an ex-demo unit - not that you could tell, because it's mint. So final cost was something like $150 under standard retail, including free delivery within three days. Impressive service and a nice bit of kit. Even comes with a soft bag and a set of allen keys to keep all the screws tight.

Now I just need to be able to go somewhere to use it . . .
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
User avatar
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii
 
Posts: 13717
Joined: Thu 14 May, 2009 7:36 pm
Location: The Asylum
ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby cajun » Sun 26 Apr, 2020 11:38 am

This time next year, KI and parts of the Heysen, and Great Barrier Island in NI NZ. Both having to be postponed due to the fires and Covid.
And he sees the vision splendid of the sunlit plains extended,
And at night the wondrous glory of the everlasting stars.
User avatar
cajun
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue 04 Feb, 2014 9:30 am
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby Zapruda » Sun 26 Apr, 2020 12:47 pm

north-north-west wrote:Siruii A-1205, Y series ballhead, although I'll probably fit one of my Manfrotto ballheads to avoid having to keep swapping quick release plates.

I was lucky that Siirui Aust were having a sale when the stimulus payment hit my bank account, and this one was even cheaper as it's an ex-demo unit - not that you could tell, because it's mint. So final cost was something like $150 under standard retail, including free delivery within three days. Impressive service and a nice bit of kit. Even comes with a soft bag and a set of allen keys to keep all the screws tight.

Now I just need to be able to go somewhere to use it . . .



Nice one. I love my Sirui T-025. Excellent quality and so light.
User avatar
Zapruda
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1647
Joined: Thu 07 Apr, 2016 10:46 am
Region: Australian Capital Territory
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby crollsurf » Sun 26 Apr, 2020 12:52 pm

Another Sirui fan, got the Sirui T-024SK
User avatar
crollsurf
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1626
Joined: Tue 07 Mar, 2017 10:07 am
Location: Sydney
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby Moondog55 » Sun 26 Apr, 2020 3:12 pm

The longer this goes on the more I realise I get a lot [ I mean a LOT] of pleasure simply walking next door and sharing a meal on the back deck while watching the fire in the BBQ pit. I really think that getting the grandkids [ and evil step daughter too] and my good neighbours over for a meal and some lite drinks is as much as I need to feel whole and complete in the short term.
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii
 
Posts: 10317
Joined: Thu 03 Dec, 2009 4:15 pm
Location: Norlane Geelong Victoria Australia
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby stry » Sun 26 Apr, 2020 6:00 pm

north-north-west wrote:Siruii A-1205, Y series ballhead, although I'll probably fit one of my Manfrotto ballheads to avoid having to keep swapping quick release plates.

I was lucky that Siirui Aust were having a sale when the stimulus payment hit my bank account, and this one was even cheaper as it's an ex-demo unit - not that you could tell, because it's mint. So final cost was something like $150 under standard retail, including free delivery within three days. Impressive service and a nice bit of kit. Even comes with a soft bag and a set of allen keys to keep all the screws tight.

Now I just need to be able to go somewhere to use it . . .


Thank you. :)
stry
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon 10 Jun, 2013 6:28 pm
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby Huntsman247 » Wed 29 Apr, 2020 9:47 pm

north-north-west wrote:Siruii A-1205, Y series ballhead, although I'll probably fit one of my Manfrotto ballheads to avoid having to keep swapping quick release plates.

I was lucky that Siirui Aust were having a sale when the stimulus payment hit my bank account, and this one was even cheaper as it's an ex-demo unit - not that you could tell, because it's mint. So final cost was something like $150 under standard retail, including free delivery within three days. Impressive service and a nice bit of kit. Even comes with a soft bag and a set of allen keys to keep all the screws tight.

Now I just need to be able to go somewhere to use it . . .
What's the stability like on that tripod? I'm looking at getting that tripod or the mefoto version but a bit hesitant due to the fact my camera & lens clocks in at 1.7kgs. Not sure if it'll start to be a bit wobbly when fully extended.
User avatar
Huntsman247
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed 22 Mar, 2017 10:07 pm
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby north-north-west » Thu 30 Apr, 2020 10:37 am

Huntsman247 wrote:
north-north-west wrote:Siruii A-1205, Y series ballhead, although I'll probably fit one of my Manfrotto ballheads to avoid having to keep swapping quick release plates.
I was lucky that Siirui Aust were having a sale when the stimulus payment hit my bank account, and this one was even cheaper as it's an ex-demo unit - not that you could tell, because it's mint. So final cost was something like $150 under standard retail, including free delivery within three days. Impressive service and a nice bit of kit. Even comes with a soft bag and a set of allen keys to keep all the screws tight.
Now I just need to be able to go somewhere to use it . . .
What's the stability like on that tripod? I'm looking at getting that tripod or the mefoto version but a bit hesitant due to the fact my camera & lens clocks in at 1.7kgs. Not sure if it'll start to be a bit wobbly when fully extended.


I'll let you know when it's had an outing. So far it's only been tested in the loungeroom, where there is minimal wind.
It does have a hook to hang extra weight to help with the stability issue.

eta: Fully extended, the baseplate is at eye level for me ()yes, I'm a shortarse), so it's not likely to ever be used like that. There's definitely some movement when you put pressure on the camera at that height, but it would be fine as long as you're using a remote or timer and it isn't too windy. With a fan going full bore at the 5d and 24-105, it's good. It's always a trade-off and weight is becoming more of an issue for me, which is why I went with this one.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
User avatar
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii
 
Posts: 13717
Joined: Thu 14 May, 2009 7:36 pm
Location: The Asylum
ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby GregR » Thu 30 Apr, 2020 12:20 pm

Moondog55 wrote:The longer this goes on the more I realise I get a lot [ I mean a LOT] of pleasure simply walking next door and sharing a meal on the back deck while watching the fire in the BBQ pit. I really think that getting the grandkids [ and evil step daughter too] and my good neighbours over for a meal and some lite drinks is as much as I need to feel whole and complete in the short term.


I second that. the simple life has certainly got a bit of merit.

I'm missing my 2 granddaughters like crazy. After that then I'll worry about where to walk first.
User avatar
GregR
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon 07 Jan, 2013 11:24 am
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby Moondog55 » Wed 06 May, 2020 11:26 am

Lamont wrote:First the Asian Hot Bread shop in Geelong and have a chat with the ladies, then buy two Banh Mi- roast pork with the crackling-extra chilli, coriander and pickled vegies.
Then head south to the The Pivotonian Picture Theatre for a picture, any picture, though probably avoid French ones- seem to be so pompous these days.
I am going to have Choc Tops brought to me every fifteen minutes and a beer every half hour.


You're going to mix Choc-Tops and beer?

I'm thinking that weeks car camping at Mt Franklin and lots of takeaway form the surrounding cafes and wineries even if we do have to drive a bit to do so.
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii
 
Posts: 10317
Joined: Thu 03 Dec, 2009 4:15 pm
Location: Norlane Geelong Victoria Australia
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby ChrisJHC » Wed 06 May, 2020 6:05 pm

My dilemma is that I like to hike by myself. How do I explain to SWMBO that the first thing I want to do when we don’t have enforced isolation is to go away by myself for a weekend?
ChrisJHC
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat 25 Feb, 2017 8:22 pm
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby ChrisJHC » Wed 06 May, 2020 6:07 pm

Maybe I’ll bite the bullet and take my daughter down Mallacoota way. She’ll get plenty of hours for her L Plates and we can put some money back into a bushfire-affected area.
ChrisJHC
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat 25 Feb, 2017 8:22 pm
Region: Victoria
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby Lamont » Wed 06 May, 2020 6:27 pm

Moondog55 wrote:
Lamont wrote:First the Asian Hot Bread shop in Geelong and have a chat with the ladies, then buy two Banh Mi- roast pork with the crackling-extra chilli, coriander and pickled vegies.
Then head south to the The Pivotonian Picture Theatre for a picture, any picture, though probably avoid French ones- seem to be so pompous these days.
I am going to have Choc Tops brought to me every fifteen minutes and a beer every half hour.


You're going to mix Choc-Tops and beer?


I'll be alternating.



And loving it.
User avatar
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sun 21 Feb, 2016 1:27 pm
Location: Upper Kumbukta West
ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://www.againstmalaria.com/
Region: Other Country

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby markg » Wed 13 May, 2020 8:46 pm

NZ, something along the lines kickinghorse is looking into. I'd like some info regarding that also.
markg
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat 19 Apr, 2014 8:41 am
Location: Phillip Bay Sydney.
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby rcaffin » Thu 14 May, 2020 8:33 pm

Out.
Maybe KNP.

Cheers
Roger
User avatar
rcaffin
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu 17 Jul, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: SO? Where are you headed when this is over??

Postby slparker » Sat 16 May, 2020 5:14 pm

Well, its not over but walked up Bogong today - now that restrictions have eased...
slparker
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Fri 25 Apr, 2008 10:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Bushwalking Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigkev and 11 guests