Starting from O'Brien's crossing at the end of O'Brien's Road in Moorabool, this circuit walk follows Lerderderg River along the East Walk track. Once on Cowan Track the walk starts to climb pretty steeply toward the top of Upsall Hill to get your blood pumping, but the views from the top are well worth the climb. Hiking shoes are recommended. The track is subject to flood damage. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.