Starting from Waterloo Beach at the end of Jetty Road, Swansea, this walk follows the coastline via the Loontitetermairrelehoiner Track. Named after the native Aboriginal tribe that inhabited these lands at the time of settlement in the 19th century, Loontitetermairrelehoiner Track hugs the the Swansea coast and provides amazing views across the bay. This short 1km track ends on Schouten Beach, and should take less time to complete than to learn the correct pronunciation of its name. You can turn around and return via the same route, or walk along the streets back into town. Swansea is an idyllic town located just across the bay from Freycinet National Park, making it a great base for further adventures along the East Coast. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.