Starting near the Visitor Centre Car park on Ring Road, in Tidal River, this walk leads to the Pillar Point Lookout and back via the Loo-Errn Track. The views from the lookout are jaw-dropping, opening up over the bays and Mount Oberon. The winds can be quite harsh towards the end, leading up to Pillar Point. This is a popular track, and it can get busy on weekends. Bear in mind that dogs are not allowed in Wilsons Promontory National Park. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.