Starting from Bukerio Road this walk takes you through the forests of Oxley Wild Rivers National Park past Budds Mare campground and lookout all the way to Riverside campground and picnic area. Spend the night there and return on the next day or have a picnic and return. Let us begin by acknowledging the Anaiwan & Dunghutti people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Warning This journey requires significant bushwalking experience, specialised equipment and navigation skills. Please ensure you and your group well prepared and equiped for this journey.
Tips on staying safe on track
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.