Starting in the People's Park just off the Esplanade in Strahan, this walk leads to Hogarth Falls and back via the Hogarth Falls Track. This gentle and meandering walk takes you along Botanical Creek to the 15 metres high Hogarth Falls that are best seen from an observation deck. There are interpretive signs along the way, and the area is a good spot for platypus watching in the evening and morning hours in the creek along the track. The region is also home to an abundance of birds, wallabies, possums, and quolls. The track is mostly flat and is suited for people of most fitness levels. Be careful on the rocks around the falls, as they can be slippery. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.