Starting from the Carnarvon Gorge car park and camping area, this walk takes you past Visitors Centre along Carnarvon Creek to Ward's Canyon. Here you'll become surrounded by the giant king ferns, which make a special climate in this narrow canyon. This is the best place to be in the summer heat. Let us begin by acknowledging the Bidjara and Karingbal people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.