From the car park on Mount Difficult Road, Halls Gap, this return walk takes you to Lake Wartook lookout and back. This walk is a short getaway that offers you 360 of the Grampians and Lake Wartook. You can watch the sun as it shines over the ranges of Grampians and Lake Wartook. Additionally, there is a wide variety of ancient rock formations through the walk for you to observe. It is relatively short with a steep section towards the middle and suitable for most fitness levels. The path is comprised of rock formations that can be slippery during the wet season, so you might want to wear grippy hiking shoes with ankle supports. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.