Starting from a parking area just of Wendouree Parade in the reserve, this walk heads east along Steve Moneghetti Track to encircle the Wendouree Lake. This lovely walk has it all for family walks with prams. There are playgrounds, BBQs and seats and some cafes along the way, along with the obundance of wildlife. If that's not enough, take a detour through the Botanical Gardens and enjoy a perfect afternoon. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.