45 min to 1 h 15 min 20 min to 30 min 40 min to 1 h 30 min
↑ 59 m ↓ -59 m
Starting from the Cricket Pitch Picnic Area in the centre of the Hollybank Reserve in Underwood, this walk takes you on a circuit within the reserve via the Avenue and Walk of Change tracks. A 40-minute walk passes through examples of Tasmania's major production forest types in a demonstration forest. Interpretive signs show how each forest type is harvested and regenerated. The reserve also contains 20 kilometres of dedicated mountain bike trails descending through the forest, with short and long loops suitable for beginner and advanced riders. Hollybank has spacious picnic facilities nestled amongst ash and pine trees, as well as barbeques, toilets and a bike-washing station. The site is an adventure hub, offering a zip-line canopy tour as well as a motorised Segway tour. Dogs on leads are permitted in the reserve, and the area is mostly wheelchair-friendly. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.