Starting from the dirt car park at the end of Donkey Springs Track, Wunaamin Miliwundi Ranges, this return walk takes you to Donkey Springs and back. There are three different pools in the area, and the first 2 has beautiful water lilies that are suitable for photography and observation, while the last one is better for a dip to cool off. The area also hosts a wide variety of wildlife, such as birds, snakes, reptiles and water goannas. The trail is well marked, but there are certain sections that require rock hoppings, and the texture can be uneven in some places. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.