Starting from Kalymna Falls Camping Area, Pomonal, this return walk takes you to Kalymna Falls via Mount William Picnic Ground Road. The walk, through which you can enjoy views from Mount William and the Major Mitchell Plateau, is relatively short, with occasional steps. The surrounding forest also offers you tranquillity, and it is possible to see the wildlife as well. Kalymna Falls is seasonal, and it is best to visit the area during Spring after rainfalls when the flowers are blooming, and the flow is intense. William Picnic Ground Road is closed during the wet season, so you might want to check the forecast before you travel to the area. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.