Starting from Mount Barrington picnic area this day's walk leads along the eastern rim of the escarpment, past several summits and Careys Hut to Careys Peak lookout for splendid views over the Barrington Tops National Park. You can stay in the historic hut and make this a multi-day trip as well. Let us begin by acknowledging the Wonnarua people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.