Starting from the car park off Rushton Road, Martin, this walk takes you on a stroll through the Wandoo Woodland. This walk is relatively easy and tranquil, with an abundance of wild birds for birdwatching enthusiasts. You can also enjoy the wildflowers around the area and keep an eye out on echidnas, an egg-laying mammal. Additionally, the walk is suitable for wheelchair users with someone to assist them. However, It has sections of compressed earth that may become boggy or slippery after rain. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.