Starting from the car park on Hartz Road, Southwest Tasmania, this walk leads to Arve Falls and back via the Arve Falls Track. Enjoy a short, leisurely walk through alpine herb fields and snow gum woodland as you follow the path of the Arve River in Hartz Mountains National Park. As you walk along the track, many information boards are explaining the local flora and fauna. The lookout at the end provides good views of the falls and the valley below. The falls aren't tall, but they have an impressive drop over the plateau's edge and overlooking the valley beneath. This is a popular picnic area, and it includes a large visitor shelter, toilet facilities, barbeques, chairs and tables. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.