Starting near the Nut Rock Café at the end of Browns Road, Stanley, this circuit walk climbs to the summit of The Nut. The steep foot track takes you from Stanley to the plateau. The delightful walk continues around the top of the expansive plateau through open heath and patches of woodland. From the top, there are wonderfully varied views over the coast and the surrounding farmland and forests of the North-West. There is a range of accommodation and a campground at Stanley, and the town is a good base for exploring forests and coastlines further to the west. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.