From Munro cabin follow the track through fragrant forest and heathland to Retakunna cabin where you can enjoy the views over Mount Fortescue. Let us begin by acknowledging the Palawa people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.
Transport options and directions
This is part of longer journey and can not be completed on it is own.