Starting from the gravel car park on Wheatley Coast Road, Quinninup, this walk takes you on a circuit around Karri Lake. The trail is pretty serene and idyllic, which makes it suitable for a refreshing experience through the old karri trees and diverse vegetation. Isolate yourself and enjoy the pristine views through the trail. There are also fallen logs along; make sure to have a look at them as you can find fungi and different types of moss growing on them. Additionally, it is possible to encounter wildlife such as local kangaroos. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.