Starting from Tunnel Road Car Park, Victoria, this return walk takes you to the eastern side of Bellfield Lake and back via Tunnel Track and Bolonia Trail. This is an excellent walk if you feel like you need a little isolation and serenity. If you feel like it, there are also places for a picnic, and swimming is also possible once you reach Bellfield Lake. Additionally, some historical information about the area can be found at the start. There are certain steep sections at the beginning and towards the middle of the walk, so having a moderate amount of fitness can be helpful. Unfortunately, the facilities are limited at Tunnel Road Car Park. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.