Starting from the Canyon picnic area off John Renshaw Parkway, Warrumbungle, this walk takes you on a circuit in the central section of Warrumbungle National Park. A lovely short trail that offers you a tranquil experience, this circuit lets you view some ancient rock formations and spires along with many animals. Kangaroos, emus and koalas reside in the area as well as red-winged parrots and brown falcons. Take your time and enjoy the landscape, and maybe finish your journey with a nice picnic at the Canyon picnic area. Sheltered picnic tables and BBQs are present. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.